Stove cited as cause of Allendale restaurant fire
Firefighters responded to a fire today at Los Aztecas, a Mexican restaurant located near Grand Valley State University’s Allendale Campus at 5118 Lake Michigan Drive.
In an article on MLive.com, a manager of Los Aztecas’ neighbor Performance Plus Oil, Ben Miller, said he noticed smoke coming from the restaurant at about 1:15 p.m. and that workers inside the restaurant told him the fire started on a stove and “hit the floor” before spreading.
Firefighters from Allendale, Marne, Walker, Gerogetown, Blendon and Robinson townships responded, and other departments are manning stations to assist with other calls in the county.
Police have closed eastbound Lake Michigan Drive at 52nd Avenue.
Pictures of the Year 2012-2013
10:30 am | Team Hope Walk for Huntington's Disease
6:30 pm | Broadway Theatre - Anything Goes
8:00 am | MBA Information Meeting: AM session
10:00 am | SAP Farm Stand
5:30 pm | MBA Information Meeting: PM Session
No events for Wed